Article 1: NAME
The full name of this Fellowship shall be the 「Nurses Christian Fellowship, Hong Kong」 (here-in-after referred to as 『The Fellowship』)
Article 2: OBJECTS
- For advancement of Christianity, to promote fellowship among Christians in the nursing and medical profession and strengthen their faith in Christian life to bear witness to the Lord Jesus Christ in their own settings.
- For advancement of Christianity, to promote the sense of total patient care, encourage and help members work faithfully and spread the Gospel to the patients.
- For advancement of Christianity, to establish a Christian view on medical ethics so that they can serve the community with their Christian faith.
- For advancement of Christianity, to support and keep in touch with other organizations with an identical statement of faith.
Article 3: STATEMENT OF FAITH
- The unity of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in the Godhead.
- The sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement.
- The divine inspiration and absolute trustworthiness of Holy scripture, as originally giver, and its supremacy in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The universal sinfulness of man since the Fall, rendering them all subject to God’s wrath and condemnation.
- Delivery from the bondage of sin, its penalties, dominion and corruption solely through the crucifixion of the Lord Jesus Christ, the incarnate son of God as our representative and substitute.
- Resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ from the dead and His ascension to the right hand of God the Father.
- The presence and power of the Holy Spirit in the work of regeneration.
- The justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone.
- The gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ and the Lord neglecting human behaviour.
- The indwelling and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- The one Holy Universal Church which is the Body of Christ and to which all true believers belong.
- The expectation of the personal return of the Lord Jesus.
Article 4: MEMBERSHIP
The membership shall be of 2 kinds: Group membership, Individual membership
- Individual membership
- Individual membership shall be granted to reborn Christian nurse with evangelic mission who is in agreement with the objects and statement of faith of the Fellowship.
- Individual life membership shall be granted to reborn Christian nurse with evangelic mission who is in agreement with the objects and statement of faith of the Fellowship with persistent support to the fellowship, and the application is invited by the Executive Committee of the Fellowship.
- Group membership
Group membership shall be granted to Hospital Christian Fellowship, Fellowship or group of Christian Nurses or Christian Nursing Students in any medical or nursing institutes of Hong Kong, which is in agreement with objects and statement of faith of the Fellowship.
- Rights and Obligations
- All members shall obtain help and guidance from the Staff Worker of the Fellowship.
- All members shall have priority in taking part in all activities held by the Fellowship.
- All members shall have priority in receiving information and publications of the Fellowship.
- Group members and individual members shall have the right to vote, provided that one vote of each group member shall carry the weight and have the effect of five votes of individual members.
- Individual members and reborn Christians of Group members shall have the right to hold office in the Executive Committee.
- To support and promote the objects of the Fellowship, and take an active part in its programme.
- To maintain a close relationship with the Fellowship.
- To attend the Annual General Meeting of the Fellowship.
- Application for Membership
All memberships shall be applied by the completion of membership form and submission of required payment, and subject to the decision of the Executive Committee.
The individual life membership shall be applied upon the invitation by the Executive Committee of the Fellowship.
The duration of group and individual membership shall be either one or three years. The duration of individual life member shall last till the individual life member’s request of termination or death.
Article 5: ORGANIZATION
- The Fellowship is a member of Fellowship of Evangelical Students (Hong Kong) Ltd.
- The Fellowship shall consist of :
- The Executive Committee
- To plan and propose directions and programmes of the Fellowship.
- To appoint sub-committee, representatives or individual members to assist in various activities of the Fellowship.
- The tenure of office is 2 years but the members shall be entitled to be re-elected.
- Annual General Meeting
- The Annual General Meeting of the Fellowship shall be called by the chairperson in October each year.
- Agenda of the Annual General Meeting shall include annual reports by various Executive Committee Members, financial report and election of Executive Committee Members for the coming year.
- Notice on agenda, date, time and place of the Annual General Meeting shall be given to all members at least 2 weeks in advance.
- 1/3 of the membership or twenty members, whichever is the less, shall form a quorum.
- An Extra-ordinary General Meeting of the Fellowship may be called at the request of at least 2/3 members of the Executive Committee or above 1/3 of the signatures of the membership.
- The resolution of the Annual General Meeting shall have the highest authority in the Fellowship.
Article 6: FINANCE
- Income of the Fellowship shall come from membership fee and offerings. The membership fee shall be decided by the Executive Committee.
- Membership fee shall be allocated to general fund for current expenses. Others will come from offerings specified for a certain fund such as staff worker fund, missionary fund and special fund.
- Funds shall be allocated as the follows:
- General Fund – for current expenses.
- Staff Worker Fund – for employment of staff workers.
- Missionary Fund – for supporting missionary work and seminary students.
- Special Fund – for special projects or urgent needs.
- The treasurer shall prepare a financial report including the assets and liabilities of various funds in the Annual General Meeting.
- Bank account shall be opened in the name of “The Hong Kong Nurses Christian Fellowship” with the signature of the chairperson, secretary, and treasurer and any financial documents signed by any two of the above shall be considered valid.
- The Fellowship is a non-profit making institution, everything shall be carried out in according with its laid down objects.
Article 7: DISSOLUTION
The Fellowship shall be dissolved if the motion is supported by 1/2 or above of the membership in Annual General Meeting or Extra-ordinary General Meeting. Any remaining property after the satisfaction of all the Fellowship’s debts and liabilities (「the net assets」) shall not be paid or distributed among the members of the Fellowship but shall be given or transferred to the Fellowship of Evangelical Students (Hong Kong) Limited (「FESHK」), provided that FESHK shall prohibit the distribution of its income and property amongst its members to an extent at least as great as is imposed on the Fellowship under or by virtue of sub-article 2 of Article 10 and this article. If and so far as effect cannot be given to the aforesaid provisions, the net assets shall be applied for charitable purposes as directed by a Judge of the High Court of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region having jurisdiction in the matter.
Article 8: INTERPRETATION
The Executive Committee shall have the sole right of interpreting the constitution.
Article 9: AMENDMENTS OF CONSTITUTION
- The constitution may be amended by a special resolution passed by above half of the total votes of all the membership at an Annual or Extra-ordinary General Meeting, notice specifying the proposed amendments shall be given to all members at least one month in advance.
- Article 2 and 3 shall not be amended unless passed unanimously.
Article 10: RESTRICTIONS
- The income and property of the Fellowship, howsoever derived, shall be applied solely towards the promotion of the objects of the Fellowship as set out in this Constitution.
- No portion of the income and property of the Fellowship shall be paid or transferred directly or indirectly, by way of dividend, bonus, or otherwise howsoever, to the members of the Fellowship.
- No member of the Executive Committee or governing body of the Fellowship shall be appointed to any salaried office of the Fellowship, or any office of the Fellowship paid by fees and no remuneration or other benefit in money or money’s worth shall be given by the Fellowship to any member of the Executive Committee or governing body of the Fellowship.
Article 11: CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
If a member of the Executive Committee or governing body of the Fellowship is in any way (directly or indirectly) interested in a transaction, arrangement or contract or proposed transaction, arrangement or contract with the Fellowship that is significant in relation to the Fellowship’s operations and his interest is material, he must declare the nature and extent of his interest to the other members of the Executive Committee or governing body of the Fellowship. A member of the Executive Committee or governing body of the Fellowship must neither vote nor be counted for quorum purposes in respect of the transaction, arrangement or contract or proposed transaction, arrangement or contract in which he is so interested.